(OLD THREAD) Obsessive AEW Hate and General Discussion Thread

 Non stop obsessive AEW hate.

I know you've seen it. AEW does something for attention, signs a new talent, has a crazy spot in a match, or basically just exists in general. And all the giggly, school yard trolls and haters come out of the woodwork like hillbillies during their local annual festival time.

It doesn't matter how long they've watched WWE, or if they've had just done something similar. The hate utters forth regardless. 

AEW does a fire spot. They'll say it's "dangerous and stupid", even if they've oohed and aahed over the Fiend doing one with Randy Orton. Or Kane and Undertaker doing it multiple times.                                                                     

Adam Copeland jumps off a cage. They'll say it's unnecessary and stupid. Shane McMahon would like a word. So would Jimmy Snuka if he was still around. 

I'm not talking about constructive criticism here. I'm talking about automatic hate for anything they do. 

AEW has been around 5 years. WWE for decades. And where was WWE 10 years into the game (after the initial boom of the golden era)? Right smack dab in the middle of the abysmal 90s, where things were so terrible that it led to WWE almost being put out of business by WCW until the AE popped off.

I got tired of the bland, cookie cutter, overproduced formula even though there were still talents I liked in the company. So I stopped watching. I don't, and didn't, go to WWE viewing parties just to talk shit about and ridicule the product because I didn't like it. 

 I'd watch old school content and happily immerse myself in nostalgia. I tried TNA but unfortunately it was at the time when the atrocious Josh Matthews was on commentary. I tried NWA, which I liked well enough, but couldn't get into on a weekly basis. 

And then AEW came along.

Fresh faces, a more "gritty" production style, and distinct characters who more closely resembled the business I knew and loved. A commentary team that sounds genuine and natural. A simpler product, one which I could just sit back, watch, and enjoy, with solid matches and characters I could get invested in.

And it's still that, for the most part, with some obvious flaws. Mainly Tony's rantings and booking, but I digress.

So what mental deficiency causes people to ridicule and hate non stop? Why can't they just not watch, or have fun discussing their own product of choice? 

Is it jealousy and/or anger that those fans are enjoying themselves while they wallow in the mire of a stagnant product out of habit? Are they simply miserable, and want others to share in that misery? 

I don't have a definitive answer. All I can say for sure is that it is highly disturbing, and those people are obviously extremely insecure and mentally imbalanced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Thread: Favorite (and least favorite) finishing move names. And, of course, general discussion.

OLD THREAD: Old school video games, board games, and general discussion

Old Thread: The Heart of Rock and Roll