MAIN THREAD: 1908 Rasslin' Footage and General Discussion

 So I needed a new topic since the recent thread has been up since 4th of July.  And what better topic than recently discovered and restored historic pro rasslin' footage from 1908 showing George Hackenschmidt vs Joe Rogers?

This is a big deal in the rasslin' world. Never before seen, vintage footage of legends of yesteryear. It's also the only known surviving footage of Hackenschmidt wrestling in action. 

Is the match itself entertaining by today's standards?  Not really.  But the historic significance is nothing to scoff at, regardless.

Now I know what you non-rasslin' Gardenites are saying.  "Meh. So what? Why should I care?"  And I get it. If somebody found, let's say, previously unseen NASCAR footage, or video of some long forgotten Kentucky Derby horse race, I wouldn't be chomping at the bit (see what I did there?) to hunt it down.  However, I could still appreciate the historical significance of the find.

And that's what's really important. Maintaining these glimpses into the past so one can see how things once were and evolved over time. So here's the footage, and don't forget to talk about any other damn thing you want.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLD THREAD: Happy Easter! And General Discussion

OLD THREAD: Happy 4th of July and General Discussion

OLD THREAD: Memorial Day and General Discussion